Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Well, I'm finally getting into the school groove again. It takes me a while to get back into the swing of things but once I do, I'm good to go!

I use clipboards for a lot of different things in my classroom. I decided to make them look better than the ugly brown. So I decided to paint two of them:
I really liked the way they turned out. I think I am going to bring all of my other clipboards home from school and paint them several different colors. My students love using them too so they will have fun with them!

As a language arts/reading teacher, I have the kids write many stories of all different sorts. I honestly never know what I may read. Most of our writing is fictional but my favorite to read is autobiographical because it gives me a real sense as to who each of my students are. Anyway, this past week I assigned a story. Let's just say they were rather interesting:

I can't flip this. But it says "doudle douch compation."
And here is another very creative writer:

Hmm..I really wish I could learn how to flip my pictures. Perhaps "Jonny no legs" could help me.;)
 Through my years of teaching, I have learned that 10 year olds love to draw. However, if I want them to draw something for an assignment, they hate it? Kids! I also get a lot of pictures throughout the school year. I have kept some that I think are rather comical so when I am having a bad day, I can go back and laugh and remember that I really love what I do. Here are two pictures students have drawn of ME.

Um....That's all I can say about this one!
ps. I am not African-American! :)



One of my favs!
I am having a really good year and am enjoying my students. They have such big personalities. It makes life so much better when you can wake up and look forward to going to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment