Thursday, August 18, 2011

So Long, Farewell

Farewell to sleeping in until 10am.
Farewell to laying by the pool.
Farewell to reading all day and night.
Farewell to staying up late.
Farewell to afternoon naps.
Farewell to buying fun things for myself.
Farewell to vacations.


Hello 5am :(
Hello classroom which becomes my second home for 9 months.
Hello grading papers.
Hello to buying things for my students and my classroom.
Hello to field trips.
Hello to my teacher voice.
Hello to new school supplies.

I have known since long before I can remember that I wanted to be a teacher. I played school like most girls played with dolls. The reading part came into play because I have always loved to read and write. I read in any spare time I may have. I used to write a lot more than I do now but writing a book will sometime be in my future.

While I welcome the beginning of a new school year, I know I will miss the summer. I love the "free" days where I do not have a set schedule where I have to be or what I have to do. During the school year, my planner is filled with lessons, afterschool plans, athletic events, etc. It often feels so overwhelming and stressful but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can honestly say that I can not picture myself in any other profession. Teaching is what I was meant to do!

So as I say farewell to summer, I also say hello to another school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment