Tuesday, July 1, 2014

You're Foolin...... It's July ALREADY!?!?!?

Where o Where has June gone?  That was the fastest month! Maybe because I was busy most of it but come on, let summer linger on! :)

I took a little super long hiatus from blogging. Not on purpose. Just life gets in the way. However, I may be blogging a lot in the next few months. School is no longer "routine" for me anymore. I will be teaching 6th and 7th grade!!!!!! I'm super excited about this change but may need some help from blogger friends :)  I guess I'll eventually need to change my blog name.

Before I get to any of that, I must do the fun currently from Farley's Page. Go give her some love :)


Listening: It isn't summer until Big Brother begins. However I will say I do not get into it like I used to. So I may still attend a premiere party but don't go all crazy over it like I used to.

Loving: I have already read a ton of books this summer. Since I will have my sixth graders for the third year in a row, I know them well. I also know the majority of them need to read more. On the last day of school, I challenged them to read 800 pages over the summer. I thought it would be fun to track my pages read too. I've more than doubled that so far. I just love to read!!!

Thinking: UGH LAUNDRY!!!! I absolutely hate doing my laundry. I don't have to do it often since it is just me but bleck!!!!

Wanting: This is where you all come in! What kind of teacher bag do you use? I've had just a black adidas backpack for the last 5 or so years. I like it because it frees up my hands to carry things and it is large. But I'm ready for something else. So tell me what you have and why I should buy it!

Needing: I LOVE WILD CHERRY PEPSI! I could totally go for one right now. I've tried to cut down on pop but I'm craving it today!!!

4th Plans: So my flight leaves at 8am on Saturday and the airport is 2 hours away. Therefore, I am staying at a hotel close to the airport on Friday night so I don't have to wake up as early. My 4th plans will consist of driving, shopping, and sleeping in a hotel. Fun Fun---but the beach awaits! :)

I guess I should go put that laundry in the wash......

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world. I too sometimes take a break but we need it. I totally agree about the laundry and don't get me started on the IRONING lol! Enjoy your trip.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love laundry! It's the best housework chose because you can put a load on, go back to watching TV but still feel productive! :) It's the folding and putting away I'm not so keen on.

    I like Big Brother some seasons, I think it depends on the personalities in the house as to whether I get into it or not.

    Have fun at the beach!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pack too!! I have to get a new bag for school because mine was stolen from my car 2 weeks before school got out. It had all of my report cards, data sheets etc. in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading Ender's Game (trying to read a lot this summer and I'm loving young adult books lately) and I haven't seen the movie. Almost done with it... any recommendations for my next book??

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving all of the extra time I have to read in the summer too! Have fun on vacation!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete