Monday, August 12, 2013

I wanna talk about MEEEEEEE!!!

....As Toby Keith would say :)

I've never done the Teacher Week Blog but this is my last free week so why not?! It's a good mind break from all of the school stuff I"m thinking about.

I'm not sure how "FUN" they will be though he he

1. This is my 12th year of teaching. I taught 6th grade for three years and the rest have been with fourth and fifth.

2. I teach in a VERY small district. Our building houses all grades K-12. It's a unique situation but I've actually seen some great relationships between younger students and the older.

3. My family means the world to me!!! My mom is my very best friend and pretty much always has been growing up. We never really had that "rough teenage period" when I didn't like her. As I've gotten older, our relationship continues to grow. My cousin and I have become wonderfully close in the past five or so years. We were always together growing up but there was an age gap between us at the time. Now that we are older, that gap isn't there ;)  She is one of the first people I tell everything to :I love our girls weekends when my mom, aunt, cousin and I get together. We have so many laughs!!

4. I've become a "cat lady". I got two cats from the humane society last summer. Since then, I've fallen in love with those little furballs. I probably have way too many pictures of them on my phone. 

5. I played basketball from the time I was little through college. At that time, basketball was my "true love". People would ask what I was going to college for and I would say "basketball". I coached for 5 years after graduating college. I still enjoy the game but not as much as I used to. And I enjoy coaching but its a VERY long season.

6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE music!  I listen to music at some point every single day. I have a wide genre that I listen to as well. You know the scene from Identity Thief when Melissa McCarthy sings every song that comes on the radio in the car? Uh yeah.....that's definitely me! Even though I'm a terrible singer, I still pretend I sound just like Whitney Houston! ;)

7. I love to play Just Dance on my wii. It makes me feel like I am a back up dancer for Beyonce!!! What a fun job to have!!!

8. I love the beach. If I didn't have family near me, I would probably sell most of my items and move to the beach. I would love to walk out my door and have the sand in my toes every day!

9. Reading has always held a special place in my heart. I remember my mom reading to me every single day before I learned how to myself. I think that made me into the avid reader I am. I wish I had more time to read. It's calming to be able to pick up a book and get lost in it. 

10. I used to write a lot but have gotten out of it. I wrote a lot of poetry but also just stories or journal type entries. It was an easy way for me to get out my feelings. I would love to write a book someday. I think I would gear it towards boys ages 10-13. Boys have a much harder time finding a book they truly love. I would want my book to pull that reader in and make him realize reading isn't just for school. 

~May the odds be ever in your favor~
Elementary Teacher

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I was almost reading a post about myself :) we have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete