Saturday, October 15, 2011

More Centers

I realize I haven't blogged in a while. The busy times of school have taken over and when I am not busy, I am sleeping. The cooler weather has moved in and the leaves have changed and are starting to fall off the trees. I wouldn't mind this time of year if I didn't know winter was coming soon! :(

I have continued using centers and am getting used to doing them more. It was rather helpful this past week when I didn't feel well and knew I wasn't able to talk loudly to an entire class. Last week, I did centers with my fifth graders on Summaries. Here is a group reading a story and then doing a summary to follow:
Another group read a story. They wrote the main idea on a tree trunk and the details on leaves.


In fourth grade, we did homophone centers. I found a great game (and I wish I could remember which site I found it on) that used a domino like structure for homophones.



No comments:

Post a Comment